In this guide, you will find all information you are looking for about the spiral hose guard.
It will help you choose the most suitable spiral hose guard for your hydraulic hose protection.
Let’s dive right in.
What Is Spiral Hose Guard?
The spiral hose guard, also called the hydraulic hose spiral guard protector, plastic spiral guard protector, spiral protective sleeve, is made of PP material, used to protect the hydraulic hose, pipe, cable, wire, and rope, avoiding rubbing, crushing, chaffing, ultraviolet, and other environmental hazards. And we manufacture the spiral guard for hydraulic hose, and it is also easy for you to stall the spiral guard hose protector to wrap the outer cover of the hydraulic hose.
The spiral plastic guard can be used to protect the hydraulic hose of the construction machinery, including excavator, loading machine, road roller, forklift, crane machine, dripping machine and etc; also some other machines working for forest harvesting, agriculture, farming, and so on.
The spiral hose is installed to protect the outer cover of the hydraulic hose, oil tube, wire cable, to avoid them being exposed to the blazing sun for quite a long time, against bumps, corroded and many other outer damages.
What Is Hose Spiral Guard Made of?
Hydraulic hose spiral guard is made of high density, high tensile, thermal plastic, polyethylene resin HDPE, and this plastic has the stable performance to make hydraulic hose protected well.
Yes, the spiral hose guard is also the plastic spiral hose protector, HDPE is the abbreviation of high-density polyethylene, a type of plastic with high density. The spiral guard protector is extruded into the spiral shape in the spiral hose extruder.
By the way, the spiral hose guard is made of VO class plastic, with fire resistance.
PS: What is HDPE?
High-Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) is a thermoplastic polymer made from petroleum. And HDPE plastic is used in a wide variety of applications, including plastic bottles, milk jugs, shampoo bottles, bleach bottles, cutting boards, and piping, HDPE plastic has a high-impact resistance and melting point.
This is the reason why we choose HDPE as the raw material because of its outstanding tensile strength and large strength-to-density ratio.
HDPE plastic is manufactured into spiral shapes, in order to wrap it on the hydraulic hose to protect the hydraulic hose pipe away from sharp edges while bending or bundling lines together, after easy installation.
HDPE material can be used with the temperature range of -180ºF to +257ºF, so a spiral guard hose protector can be applied for many places because of stable performance. You can choose to ensure the service life of the hydraulic hose using the spiral guard hose protection.
Spiral Hose Guard Types
Here are also some different types of spiral hose guards on the market, to meet different requirements for your hydraulic hose protection.
- Spiral hose guard with the cambered surface: The cambered surface spiral hose guard protector can be used to cover the hydraulic hose with different diameters, because the cambered surface spiral hose protector can be adjusted to match the size of the hydraulic hose diameter, with the help of elasticity of cambered surface.
- Spiral hose guard with the flat surface: The flat spiral hose guard is also flexible to protect the hydraulic hose, to avoid damage. By the way, the smooth flat surface spiral hose has the larger contact surface area laying on the ground, to get more friction compared with the cambered surface spiral hose guard.
- Spiral hose guard with fire resistance: Spiral hose guard can also be designed with fire resistance, to be fire-proof. The flame retardant protective sleeve can be used to protect the hose even in a hostile environment.
In a word, the spiral hose guard is a useful tool for your hydraulic hose protection to extend its span life, and if you want to know more detailed information about the spiral hose sleeve protectors, please be free to contact us at any time.
Why We Choose HDPE Spiral Guard
Here are some advantages of HDPE compared with other types of plastic materials.
- The chemical performance of HDPE is stable, with a strong resistance to avoid the damage of strong acid, alkali, salt, sewage, industrial wastewater, and other chemical liquids.
- No harm to the soil, environmentally-friendly for earth protection. Also recyclable.
- Strong impact resistance, can be used under high pressure. The HDPE spiral guard is strong enough, not easy to be damaged by an external force.
- Can be exposed to the rain, strong sunlight, and other heavy weather. HDPE hose spiral can be used in a wide range of temperatures, without any broken problems like freezing, cracking, expansion and leakage.
- Super lightweight, easy to move or carry, also easy to install on the hydraulic hose.
- The raw material is very cheap when compared with other materials, such as iron, stainless steel. So this can help you reduce the cost of regular maintenance.
Hydraulic Hose Protector Spiral Features
Here are some features of the spiral hose guard protectors.
- Multiple Colors: We have many different colors for you to choose from, such as white, black, yellow, black, red, blue and etc. So you can choose the most suitable color to match your machine using the hydraulic hose.
- Smooth Surface: The surface of the PP spiral guard is smooth, and glossy, shining, without any cracks and burrs. The smaller the molecular weight and the more delicate and smooth surface will become. High-density plastic will show a fine and smooth smooth texture. If you find the surface of the spiral hose guard protector is uneven, it is likely to be that the spiral guard is made of mixing plastic recycled material, rather than completely new HDPE.
- Better Abrasive Resistance: Compared with other materials, HDPE plastic has better abrasive resistance, corrosion resistance performance, so you can use the spiral guard for a long time without replacing it.
Wide Applications of Spiral Hose Guard?
The spiral guard is the most popular hydraulic hose protector, and the spiral hose guard can be used anywhere existing hydraulic hoses, wires, cables, ropes, useful to expand the service life of hydraulic hose up to 3 years at least. If you want to keep your hydraulic hose worked with longevity, spiral guard hose wrap is a must-have product.
This plastic hydraulic hose protector has a wide application, and you can wrap the hydraulic hose assembled on the tractor, as the tractor hydraulic hose protector, helpful to expand the service life of the hydraulic hose. Multiple hydraulic hoses are demanded to transfer the heat or power to the tractor engine, ensuring that the heave duty machinery, such as the tractor, lift, crane can work well.
Finally, you can watch the short video about our PP spiral guard.
And it’s also flexible for you to get the spiral hose guard with your desired lengths, and here we have the spiral hose guard cutting machine to create the spiral hose sleeve to meet your requirement. Here are multiple lengths, such as 2 meters, 10 meters, 50 meters and etc. If you have any questions about spiral hose guard, please feel free to contact us at any time.