This is the complete guide to the floating hose.
In this overall guide, you can get everything basically important about the floating hose.
Let’s get started!
What Is Floating Hose?
The floating hose is also named offshore loading discharge hose, marine floating hose, and is designed for water to reclaim, this marine floating hose is manufactured to meet the requirements of the modern dredging equipment and suitability for various conditions.
Crude oil transportation floating hose is an important channel for the transportation of crude oil from offshore facilities such as platforms, FPSO (floating production storage and offloading equipment), and jack-up oil production platforms (with oil storage and offloading functions).
When crude oil is exported, it is used to connect the oil terminal and the transshipment tanker, and it bears the heavy responsibility of the crude oil transportation artery. The structure is complex and the technical requirements are high.
So the marine floating hose has large market demand, and we can produce the top-rated marine hose to meet your requirements.
Floating Slurry Hose
The floating slurry hose is designed with soft rubber material, and used for dredging applications. And the floating dredging hose consists of the slurry wear-resistant rubber as the inner layer, and here is the soft reinforcement layer in the middle to contain the internal pressure. And the outer cover is made of synthetic rubber material, that can protect the whole dredging floating hose from UV, ozone, and external abrasions. The soft rubber material can make the floating hose soft and flexible, much easier to bend or close to the dredge.
Floating Hose Structure
Let’s see the floating hose structure:
The floating hose structure includes 3 parts, similar to the other hydraulic hoses.
- Inner Tube: NBR and SBR.
- Reinforcement: High tensile strength fabric
- Outer Over: NBR
The marine floating hose is the long-term key equipment of the floating oil storage vessel (FPSO) onboard and export system. The crude oil and petroleum products used for transportation are indispensable and important equipment in the production and management of FPSO.
It is much more complicated to manufacture the floating hose, this is the detailed formula of the raw materials for making a floating hose.
- 1. The inner lining is made of synthetic rubber, which is used as the inner fluid wall to prevent fluid from overflowing.
- 2. The reinforcing layer is made of nylon cord, polyester cord, steel cord, and other materials to improve the tensile strength of the hose.
- 3. The winding steel wire reinforcement layer is made of high-strength carbon steel wire to improve the integrity of the hose and ensure the hose’s negative pressure resistance.
- 4. The floating layer is made of a microporous foamed floating material that does not absorb water, bends, and does not break so that the hose has a floating performance.
- 5. The outer layer is made of synthetic rubber or polyurethane material that is resistant to aging, abrasion, oil, and seawater corrosion to protect the hose from damage.
- The floating hose is covered by a layer of synthetic rubber material, and this outer cover is the floating media to make the hose floatable on the water.
The floating hose cover reinforcement is made of a Polyester cord. Here are two layers of the reinforcement, both made of Polyester cord, and also a layer of filling rubber inserted in the middle of the two layers of reinforcement. This way can add much more strength to the floating hose, making it much more stronger and durable, to get longer service life.
The inner tube of the floating hose is made of NBR material.
The material of the floating hose can’t absorb the water so that it can’t sink on the sea, or river.
What Is Floating Hose Used for?
The floating hose has wide applications, used in ports, docks, seawater, silt, sand, discharge floods, oil transportation, etc. It is especially suitable for large stormwater construction environments.
Floating hoses are widely used on all kinds of water basins, and marine. These are the most common applications of the floating hose. reloading of oil in ports, transfer of crude oil from an oil rig to a ship, dredging, etc.
Floating hoses are perfectly visible even in adverse weather conditions. They are made of foam that does not absorb water or sink in any operating conditions.
Aim to Manufacture Top-rated Floating Hose
To ensure industrial marine floating tail hose supply, each marine floating hose is strictly inspected to ensure high quality and to fully meet the customer’s performance requirements. Our floating hoses have been exported to over 20 countries in the world so we are confident in the quality.
Floating Hose Assembly
if you want to know more detailed info about the floating hose, please feel free to contact us at any time.