Here are some useful tips on how to tighten hydraulic hose fittings.
Choose the Proper Wrenches
It is basically important to choose the proper wrenches for hydraulic hose fittings while installing hydraulic hoses or fixing hydraulic hoses to the hydraulic system. Use the wrench with the right size. Serious about choosing the wrench the made for working on hydraulics.
If you are not an expert in hydraulic hose assemblies, please don’t be hesitate to ask about the hydraulic hose techniques, they will give you some advice about the hydraulic wrench selection.
Please use the wrench in the right way for your hydraulic hose fittings.
The movable jaw of the wrench is forced toward the wrench body when you need to tighten up the hydraulic hose fittings, don’t hold your wrench in the wrong way. And always turn an adjustable wrench toward the movable haw.
And then try your best to tighten up the hydraulic hose fittings, until you feel so hard to turn the wrench. The hydraulic hose will be stuck well by the hydraulic hose fittings.
Don’t Skive Too Much
Before hydraulic hose assemblies, you also need to skive the hydraulic hose. You need to use the hydraulic hose skiving tool to skive the cover of the hydraulic hose, to make it much easier to match the size of the hydraulic hose fittings. Skiving hydraulic hose is to reduce the diameter of the hydraulic hose to make it much easier to connect the hydraulic hose fittings.
If you don’t want to loosen hydraulic hose fittings, please don’t skive too much to make it much thinner. Skive hydraulic hose and no skive hydraulic hose, you can choose the most suitable one for your hydraulic system.
Here is the video showing you the process of hydraulic hose skiving.
Skive the hydraulic hose cover to better fit the hydraulic hose fitting connection.
Skiving is to remove the outer cover at the end of a hydraulic hose in the location of the crimp fitting before the hydraulic hose crimping process.
For some high-pressure applications, the hydraulic hose’s inner diameter may be skived to allow the hose tail to be a better fit.
Using a specialized machine with externally rotating mandrels, the tooling cuts and then peels the outer carcass. Depending on the hydraulic hose skiving machine, the skiving process may take 30, 40 seconds.
Crimping Hydraulic Hose
Then next please pay attention to the hydraulic hose crimping process, and you need to use the right hydraulic hose crimper dies to fit the hydraulic hose. The proper hydraulic hose dies of the hydraulic hose crimping machine can be used to tighten the hydraulic hose well.
Here is the hydraulic hose crimping process.
If you have any other questions bout the hydraulic hose crimping, please be free to contact us at any time.
How to Loosen Hydraulic Hose Fittings
To loosen hydraulic hose fittings, follow these steps:
- Turn off the hydraulic system: Before working on hydraulic hose fittings, ensure that the hydraulic system is turned off and the pressure is released. This step is crucial to prevent any accidental movement or release of pressurized hydraulic fluid.
- Use a wrench or spanner: Select an appropriately sized wrench or spanner that fits the fitting you want to loosen. Most hydraulic fittings have flats or hexagonal shapes, which allow you to grip them securely.
- Apply penetrating oil: If the hydraulic fitting is stuck or difficult to loosen, you can apply a penetrating oil or lubricant to the fitting. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the oil to penetrate and loosen any corrosion or rust.
- Position the wrench: Position the wrench on the flats or hexagonal portion of the fitting. Ensure that the wrench is fully engaged and properly aligned to prevent slippage or damage to the fitting.
- Turn counterclockwise: Apply steady and gradual force in a counterclockwise direction to loosen the fitting. Avoid applying excessive force, as it may damage the fitting or cause it to break.
- Use leverage: If the fitting is still difficult to loosen, you can use a longer wrench or a pipe extension to increase the leverage. Be cautious when using additional leverage, as it may require more force to control and could cause injury if not handled properly.
- Check for movement: As you apply force, check for any movement or loosening of the fitting. If you feel the fitting starting to turn, continue turning it counterclockwise until it is fully loosened.
- Inspect the fitting: Once the fitting is loosened, inspect it for any damage or wear. If the fitting is damaged or shows signs of excessive wear, it may need to be replaced.
It’s important to exercise caution when loosening hydraulic hose fittings, as they can be under pressure or contain residual hydraulic fluid. If you encounter any difficulties or are uncertain about the process, it is recommended to consult a professional hydraulic technician for assistance.
Here are various reasons causing hydraulic hose loss problems, so have to be serious about each step of hydraulic hose assemblies to avoid the potential issues.