PVC air hose and rubber air hose, and here are some differences between them.
PVC, abbreviated for Polyvinyl Chloride is a synthetic plastic polymer, that is widely used in many industries, also hose manufacturing. Compared with the flexible rubber air hose, the PVC air hose is much more brittle due to PVC’s physical structure.
The rubber material originates from the elastic substance obtained from the tropical plant, yes, the rubber substance is extracted from the milky juice from the rubber tree (hevea brasiliensis). So natural rubber is much more flexible than synthetic rubber and PVC, a synthetic plastic substance.
Natural rubber is ordinary material that is used in the industrial field, mainly utilized for the parts of automobiles, heavy-duty machinery, tires, hoses, tubes, and many other tools, etc.
PVC air hose is made of PVC, a synthetic plastic material, that is scratch resistant and stronger than regular plastic.
Rubber air hose is made of natural rubber material, a much more flexible and elastic material than PVC.
Rubber air hose is much heavier than PVC air hose, but it is still can be made to be lightweight. The PVC air hose vs rubber can be manufactured with the proper weight for easier installation.
Compared with the PVC air hose, rubber air hose has rich elasticity, due to the natural rubber physical stability. And rubber air hose is much more flexible than a still plastic air hose so it is much easier for you to layout the rubber air hose in any place, even with small edges or stiff corners for your project.
PVC air hose is less elastic and much easier to be broken, and I do recommend that you can choose the rubber air hose if you want excellent flexibility to organize the rubber air hose.
PVC air hose is much harder to bent or twisted because it is much stiffer than rubber material so you can choose the PVC air hose if you want the solid air hose. The rubber hose is bendable with the help of the rubber’s physical flexibility.
Based on the flexibility, I will stand with a rubber air hose, because it is made from a stretchable rubber material. The rubber air hose is designed with a small bend radius so that you can bend it at ease if required for your project.
On the contrary, PVC air hose is less flexible to bend when it is needed to be used in hard places.
Polyurethane and Rubber Hose Comparison
Here are many different materials that can be used to make air hoses for certain industries.
- Rubber Air Hose: The rubber air hose is much heavier than the PVC air hose because of its physical structure, and the rubber air hose is much more flexible than the regular PVC plastic air hose. The air hose is used to convey the air to provide oxygen for some uses. It is not likely to be kinked, compared with the air hose.
- PVC Air Hose: The PVC air hose is much cheaper and lighter than the rubber hose, and it’s a great deal for you to get air hoses if you don’t have a big budget. But PVC hose is not soft and flexible compared with the rubber air hose.
- Polyurethane Air Hose: Polyurethane air hose is also needed in the air hose market, and it’s much lighter than rubber air hose similar to PVC air hose. And polyurethane air hose is much more suitable for some cases that work in movable working conditions rather than static working conditions.
- Nylon: The nylon air hose is the lightest option to be made air hose for some industrial applications, and the nylon air hose is not long-lasting like the other materials.
- Hybrid Air Hose: To order to achieve the best functions of the air hose itself, we can manufacture the air hose using different materials, such as PVC material, rubber material to make a hybrid air hose.
If you have any other questions about air hose, please feel free to contact us at any time. And we can give you the quickest reply to satisfy your requirement.